AnandTech 13-year Anniversary Giveaways Continue: Antec DF-85 Gaming Chassisby Anand Lal Shimpi on July 13, 2010 1:00 AM EST
- Posted in
Our last giveaway was an ASRock H55M Pro motherboard. The winner? policy11. Congrats! Respond to my email with your shipping info and we'll get your prize out right away.
Today's prize actually wasn't on the original list but Antec liked what we were doing and immediately contacted us with an offering: the Antec DF-85 gaming chassis:
The highlights of the chassis are below:
· Better filter brackets – Tool-free filters that are durable and are designed to use a special flip-up tab for the Fleet-Release™ doors
· Top 2.5” hot-swap drive bay – Right up top where we know you’ll find it most useful, the Dark Fleet series’ hallmark smoked-crystal hot-swap enclosure is ideal for SSDs and HDDs
· Variable-speed fans – Accurate, silky-smooth stepless control knobs on the Dark Fleet series that allow a practically infinite range of settings between 0 and 10. It’s never been easier to achieve the perfect level of CFM to preserve both your gear and your peace of mind
· Fleet-Release™ – Modular doors that open up the drive bay allow easier access to internal hot-swaps. Getting at your drive cage for maintenance and swapping is as simple as popping open a durable, modular door with a tool-free latch
· Fleet-Swap™ – Offered exclusively on the DF-35 and top-line DF-85, these external SATA interfaces allow hot-swap capability and, in a world first, can be moved anywhere throughout the drive cage. Now you can organize your fixed and hot-swap drives the way that you want.
· Longer 2nd and 3rd 5.25 drive bays (DF-85) – More depth so you can fit that flush, seamless finished look even if you’re using bigger drives and accessories
· Convenience tool-less features – Hard drives secure with a single, strategically placed thumbscrew – you get the convenience of tool-less, with the solidity and durability of a traditional screw connection
· Dedicated SSD mounting locations – Added 2.5” mounts on the bottom, saving airflow for the hotter HDDs and also freeing up a drive bay slot.
The full spec sheet is here on Antec's site. To enter the giveaway all you need to do is respond to this post with a comment. Please only respond with one comment. If you're chosen, you need to email us your shipping information within 7 days to claim your prize. This contest is going to run for 48 hours unlike our other giveaways so you've got a little more time to enter.
Now the rules. This contest is unfortunately only available to US residents in one of the 50 states. I realize that AnandTech is an international site and I do highly value all of our readers, unfortunately extending the contest rules outside of the US is a bit more than we're able to reliably handle today. That's not to say that we won't at some point in the future, we just have little experience doing such things and don't want to get burned early on.
Secondly, you are only allowed to enter once. Multiple entries aren't counted.
Entries will be accepted from 1:00 AM EDT on July 13, 2010 through 1:00 AM EDT on July 15, 2010. Winner will be selected by July 17, 2010.
Good luck everyone :)
Official Rules and Regulations for AnandTech Sweepstakes
No Purchase Required to Enter or Win
Upon entering any contest, sweepstakes, or promotion (a “Promotion”) offered by anandtech.com (the “Site”), a website owned and operated by AnandTech, Inc. (“AnandTech”), you must agree to the following Official Rules and Regulations (the “Rules”) as well as any additional rules governing a specific Promotion that AnandTech publishes on the Site.
BEFORE ENTERING A PROMOTION, READ THESE RULES AND THE SITE’S TERMS, CONDITIONS AND PRIVACY INFORMATION. BY ENTERING THE PROMOTION, YOU AGREE TO COMPLY WITH THE RULES AND THE SITE’S TERMS, CONDITIONS AND PRIVACY INFORMATION.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE CHANCES OF WINNING.
- Eligibility. Promotions are open to entrants who are 18 years of age or older at time of entry, and a legal resident of the United States (excluding Puerto Rico). Entries are limited to individuals only who are not presently banned from AnandTech’s website or comments section; commercial enterprises and business entities are not eligible. Directors, officers, employees, contractors, and agents of AnandTech (excluding volunteer AnandTech forum moderators) and members of their immediate families (spouses, parents, siblings, and children) are not eligible. Subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Rules and AnandTech’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters relating to a Promotion.
- Entry Period. Each Promotion will contain a specific time period within which entries will be accepted (a “Promotion Period”). The Promotion Period for this Promotion shall run from 1:00 a.m. EDT on July 13, 2010 to 1:00 a.m. EDT on July 15, 2010. Only entries received during the Promotion Period will be accepted.
- How to Enter. Each Promotion will describe an entry procedure. AnandTech is not responsible for lost, late, illegible, stolen, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, misdirected, technically corrupted or garbled entries, which will be disqualified, or for problems of any kind whether mechanical, human or electronic. Proof of submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by AnandTech. All entries must be in English. Individuals are automatically entered in this Promotion by signing up for AnandTech’s Comments at http://anandtech.com/Account/Register and posting a reply to this post. If randomly selected as a winner individuals must provide full name, complete mailing address, telephone number, AnandTech user name and birth date within 7 days of being contacted.
- Limits on Entry. An individual may enter a Promotion once only. The use of any automated launching or entry software or any other means that permits an entrant to automatically enter repeatedly or in excess of the entry limitations is prohibited.
- Prizes. Winning a gift, prize, or other promotional item (a “Prize”) in a Promotion is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements in these Rules. Winners will be selected in a random drawing of eligible entries received during the Promotion Period. AnandTech will notify Prize winners using the contact information provided in the winning entry. Failure to claim a Prize by the time or in the manner specified in the particular Promotion will invalidate any claim to the Prize. Prizes are not transferable. The odds of winning a Prize or the Grand Prize depend on the number of entries received by AnandTech. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, ALL PRIZES ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” AND ARE NOT EXCHANGEABLE FOR FAIR MARKET VALUE. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, ANANDTECH DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES WITH RESPECT TO THE PRIZES, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. For this Promotion, one winner will be selected by July 17, 2010 and will receive Antec case described above (“Grand Prize”). The Total U.S. Retail Value of the Grand Prize is $180.00. The Grand Prize may not be substituted for cash. The Grand Prize winner will be solely responsible for all applicable taxes, fees, and surcharges associated with receipt and/or use of the Grand Prize. After the Grand Prize winner has been notified and has complied with all applicable Rules, AnandTech will post the Grand Prize winner’s name on this website.
- Publicity. The winner of a Promotion agrees to allow AnandTech to use his or her name, photograph, likeness, voice, prize information, and biographical information for publicity and promotional purposes without further compensation where permitted by law.
- Governing Law. These Rules and all Promotions are governed by and controlled by the laws of the State of North Carolina, without reference to the applicable choice of law provisions. All actions, proceedings or litigation relating hereto will be instituted and prosecuted solely within Wake County, North Carolina. By entering a Promotion, entrants consent to the jurisdiction of the state courts of North Carolina and the federal courts located within North Carolina with respect to any action, dispute or other matter pertaining to or arising out of that Promotion.
- General Terms. Any failure by an entrant, including any prize winner, to comply with any of the Rules or the Site’s Terms, Conditions and Privacy Information may result in disqualification from the Promotion. All entries, whether they are eligible entries or ineligible entries, are the exclusive property of AnandTech. AnandTech is not responsible for any typographical errors in the Rules or in any other communication surrounding a Promotion or for any technical malfunction or error relating to the Promotion. AnandTech reserves the right to amend or interpret the Rules at any time, upon published notice to participants on its website. Promotion participants agree to release, indemnify, and hold harmless AnandTech and its directors, officers, employees and agents from any and all liability regarding the Promotion, including any injuries, losses, or damages (compensatory, direct, incidental, consequential, or otherwise) regarding the use or misuse of any Prize, any event beyond AnandTech’s control resulting in the disruption, cancellation, or postponement of the receipt of the Prize, or any typographical errors or technical malfunctions associated with the Promotion. AnandTech reserves the right to disqualify any entry that it, in its sole discretion, determines (i) to be in violation of the Rules, (ii) submitted by fraud or by tampering with the entry process, or (iii) contains inaccurate or fraudulent information. ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE PROMOTION IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. IN THE EVENT SUCH AN ATTEMPT OCCURS, ANANDTECH RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
Post Your CommentPlease log in or sign up to comment.
View All Comments
rubiconce - Thursday, July 22, 2010 - linkand it's a great looking case
hiaara1111 - Friday, July 23, 2010 - linkwhat a great cash without cash
bostonbob78 - Saturday, July 24, 2010 - linkcolors match the style
bostonbob78 - Saturday, July 24, 2010 - linkthis is one nice looking case
JonathanD - Monday, July 26, 2010 - linkIf I drool on it, can I have it? lol
stroodlebug - Monday, July 26, 2010 - linkwould make a perfect new rig !! :)
ALoserIsYou - Thursday, July 29, 2010 - linkMmm...red
DeadlyWalrus - Wednesday, August 11, 2010 - linkRed...
candes - Wednesday, July 13, 2011 - linkTotally awesome! A great opportunity to put together the perfect system. And with a hot chassis!